Pages

Monday, 10 August 2026

The Ambition of Liege Maximo : Legends Manga Vol 5 Translation Complete.

 


Woot, here I am with another.   Oddly while this one focuses on Gigastorm, the title is all about Liege Maximo.  As usual read from left to right with this one.

Oh, if you wish to mirror these on another site (that may, or may not generate income through ads), a link to my humble blog page would be much appreciated instead of stealing all the clicks.  I believe is standard webtiquette.

Thanks

I'll make up a page listing these in order soon enough.  For now, enjoy.















  • Gigastorm refers to Galvatron as Aniki/Anichan a lot, which is often made into "Big Bro" for English adaptions, but have you every heard anyone use that in a natural conversation?  I haven't!  So I refuse to translate it as "Big bro" because that sounds very stupid (also weeaboo).  So as I went into this one, I approached the familial connection as Brother, older/elder brother, or the person's actual name.  For emotional impact, I used brother.  I think it came out pretty good, without sounding weeaboo.  If you don't like that, too bad.
  • Page 2 and Bluebolts and Untite running of with Dark Amber's blood to go shopping was pretty amusing.
  • Liegemen/Man.  The Japanese script has these guys call リージマン (Reeji Man), but when referring to them as a troop thing, using the singular "Man" sounds weird, so they became the Liegemen (which were an actual thing), and thus, we have Leigeman Castle.  
  • Liege Maximo did a nice bit of reverse psychology by Opposing the Anit-angolmois bill.  If a nasty dude like Liege is for angolmois energy, it can't be a good thing can it?
  • Lawbhammer.  Man, I wish his name was something else...
  • Blentrons -  WTF are they?  Ah, those Fuzor guys. In this story, they are minions of Unicron. Because of Green Lio Convoy, I started watching BWII and found it kind of boring, but Galvatron just awoke and things are looking a bit more exciting now.  
  • BTW, the GITD Leo Convoy toys is INCREDIBLE. Get one!!
  • Frikkin' Manzai man.  Of all the Japanese comedy that is around, I hate manzai the most.  More than slapstick. I much prefer Rakugo TBH.
  • I love the way Liege Maximo smiles with his CHIN of all things. Dang.  I can't wait for that toy!

Just how many different groups are trying to resurrect Unicron? Are the Sideways troupe working for Liege?  So far this is unclear.

And of course this one is to be continued in Vol 5  (still) The Reborn New Emperor of Destruction!



3 comments:

  1. Hello! I really appreciate that you're translating these for the people who can't read the original Japanese. Just 2 small issues with this chapter: the link to a high quality version of page 8 isn't working, and page 15 is missing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah well that's odd. they were both in the draft when I checked. I just reuploaded the images now and they all seem to be working fine. Thanks for letting me know.

      Delete
  2. thanks for the efforts! really appreciated

    ReplyDelete

Comments under moderation until I find around this spam thing.