Volume 08 Of the New Legends Manga is here, and I have translated it for your viewing pleasure. This on has a nice look at Delta Magnus, a newish character, who is a rather nice recolour, or pre-colour of Ultra Magnus. I will admit, that personally I quite like this colouring and am pretty pleased he has made his way into his own character. The Missing Link version that came out earlier in the year is a very nice example of how good this guy looks, and the inclusion of Powerdrive was also pretty nice.
Powerdrive is in this manga as well, shedding a bit more light on the power of Delta Magnus!
Also added into this set is the headmaster Agent Arcee. Who seems to stem from the Masterpiece agent Arcee and not the missing link prototype of Arcee.
This is part one, and I was going to wait for part 2 before publishing, but since it ends on a rather sexy cliff-hanger, I think the timing works well like this.
Anyhoo, that's enough preamble. Read on for the manga and have a look for my random notes and ramblings afterwards.
____
No real deep notes for this one.
However, I do find it interesting the the Powrdrive guys don't appear until Delta transforms into vehicle mode. Are they dimensionally stored until he needs them? They seem to have some kind of personality of their own as well, so perhaps more than just drones.
It was fun being able to throw The Fallen's THE back in his face when Delta is rebelling.
Delta takes command at an extremely tough time to be a leader though...
It makes me wonder how thin the walls between dimensions is here. Soundwave managed to make his way into the end of G1 world quite easily. I assume in the previous chapter, the Emberstone and the power of the Zodiac is what allowed Optimus and Cosmos to get here, but Soundwave wouldn't have had access to that amount of power. Nemesis Star Convoy comes from a third dimension/universe (Galaxy Force).
It would seem that Liege Maximo can jump dimensions easily, and I guess, use Unicron to for that as well. Assuming that the Unicron in the last panel is the one from Earthrise, if it isn't Earthrise Unicron, then... we got troubles.
Just as a current Unicron count, in the dying years of the G1 Universe/Dimension/World, we have a number of Unicrons kicking about.
- Galaxy Force Unicron is in Nemesis Star Convoy
- The spirit of G1 Unicron in Galvatron
- Possibly, (doubts were raised) Part of G1 Unicron in Dark Amber Leo Prime.
- Earthrise Unicron (I assume), a divergent G1 Unicron coming through the portal.
____
Always curious to hear others' thoughts as well. Let me know what you think!








No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments under moderation until I find around this spam thing.