Happy new year! A bit late, but here I have for you a translation of Scourge’s Legends comic. Once again in Arrowed, arrowless and Japanese versions. Some notes at the end of the post for reading accessibility and because it’s a pretty weird story.
Toy review is here, along with Bio Translation
- Obviously AI is a police officer Looking for Alpha Trion. In The Ultra Magnus comic (WIP), if I remember correctly I believe AT says he has left over power of the Matrix in him. Hence the Old Man Matrix.
- In the 5th Panel, with AI complaining about the number of Sweeps, the FX say “wai.” “Wai wai” is an onomatopoeia for excitement/lots of movement. I couldn’t think of a way to make that work. Although just now I thought I could have used “bustle bustle.” Oh well.
- In the 8th Panel, the red FX as Scourge exits the room is phonetically “doar”. So since he’s making a hole to get out, I decided that the best way to spell it was door.
- Shockwave and Cancer are at a summer festival. The Legends world is primarily set in Japan and during summer, there are many festivals that culminate in a fireworks display. Obviously the explosion of Scourge and the falling Sweeps are seen as the fireworks. Scourge was released in Summer in Japan, along with Shockwave, Cancer and Blurr, a nice little touch.
- Zodiac Power is a reference to a mystical power that first appeared in Transformers Zone.