Monday 27 October 2014

Flame Effect by Bandai

Flameheader
Very excited and a little annoyed at this.  I had this guy ordered from HLJ as well as figuarts Nobita and was patiently awaiting the release of the super sexy Matoi Ruko from Kill La Kill.  However, the best laid plans of mice and men and all that, the flame effect was getting close to it’s 60 day limit.  I thought that ordering something would renew the 60 day on everything in the private warehouse, but apparently this is not the case.  Oh well.  So I cancelled Ryuko (boo) and shipped Nobita and Flame effect.  Then I ordered Ryuko off of Amazon (yay).  The flame effect arrived this morning.  Much excitement was in my eyes.  I had to open t up right away.
Does it live up to expectations?

I am pleased to say that it does!  Huzzah!

When I opened the box, I got a pleasent surprise as the flame box dwarfed Nobita’s.  Excellent.

Bandai Flame EffectBandai Flame EffectBandai Flame Effect
It’s fairly basically presented but it does have a window on the front and the back of the box.  Let’s shine some light!

Bandai Flame EffectBandai Flame Effect
Ooooh, Actually I just extended the exposure a little bit, but hey that’s fine.  Looks cool.  Opening the box and one is immediately impressed with the varied selection of bits and pieces.

Bandai Flame Effect
My first thought was “Whoah, that’s a lot of bits”  and there are a lot of bits.

The tall one and the one on the far right below even have an articulated joint so you can adjust the pose, or remove the piece completely.
Bandai Flame Effect

Bandai Flame EffectBandai Flame EffectBandai Flame EffectBandai Flame EffectBandai Flame Effect

Not too bad considering how those pictures are only two of the pieces.  It also comes with large single piece and four smaller ones and they look good too.  The smaller ones can be attached to the larger ones for even MORE flamey goodness, or since they have little loop bits, the can be attached to the limbs of figures.  Oooh hoohooo hoohooooooo!
Bandai Flame EffectBandai Flame EffectBandai Flame EffectBandai Flame EffectBandai Flame EffectBandai Flame Effect
They look rather cool when a light source is shone through them.  Now for some action pics!

flame1Bandai Flame Effect
Nobita is actually pretty cool and he has a heap of accessories.  So I wanted to try and make him look evil.   the flams helped quite a bit.  Then I thought, what if I have a figure that’s already a badass, how much MORE of a badass would they be?


Bandai Flame EffectBandai Flame Effect

Combine them both…

Bandai Flame Effect
Bandai Flame EffectBandai Flame EffectBandai Flame Effect
Messing about with various camera settings and stuff there.

Then I foolishly packed away Ryuko and forgot to test out the flaming limb idea.  So since I still had Nobita-kun and Wheeljack was just standing around looking sexy, I put them to work.

Bandai Flame EffectBandai Flame EffectBandai Flame EffectBandai Flame Effectflame3
Ooooh, right in the bearings!

Sadly though (or is it?) the best shot I got was with my phone camera and was one I loaded up to instagram.
flame2
Came out a lot better than I thought it would.  Woooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments under moderation until I find around this spam thing.