Aw yeah, with the release of preorders (lol) for Shadowstrip here in Japan, we have now another issue of the two page advert, er manga of the Velocitron thing. Continuing our adventures with Cosmos and the incredibly unstable political system that Velocitron (the speed planet) seems to exist with.
Just two weeks have passed since Override took the crown, and here we are witnessing another race for the top seat of Velocitron. Strange.
And the Japanese. The original was stored on a PDF, and they are a PITA to slap up on blogger so PNG it is:
Some things to note:
- The font for the non-main players is a bit messy for the Japanese, and last time I used an English font that looked pretty similar, however, I did see some complaints about its readability, so taking in a rare moment of kindness, I changed the font to one that is easier to read (however loses a bit of the similarity to the Japanese comic.).
- Shadowstrip has the power of Shadows in his hand. How exactly this is a power as such is unclear. I guess he means he can see well in the dark? Or he has gained the power to shoot out lights.
- Black Convoy/Scourge seems to have a problem with the lights going out in the tunnel, despite his name being BLACK Convoy...
- Crasher manages to take the lead, flip around to face everyone and THEN cause a chasm to form. A nice touch to her ability to make the ground rumble. She must be fast at driving backwards too!
- Clampdown speaks very casual Kansai-ben (dialect - not too sure if there is formal kansai ben TBH...).
- I really hope that Road Hauler manages to make Clampdown his friend!
- Galaxy Shuttle combines with his back pack base thing (AKA, the Luggage) to form "Victory Mode" which has it spread open for extra wing-age. I wonder if I can set that up with Astrotrain?
- Mirror Dia... What is this, Dia Cinders is under arrest at the end of the race, but two weeks after the first one? This makes little sense.
- On the final page there is a beautiful butt load of bots to look at:
So there we go. Hope you enjoyed this ;)