Monday 18 April 2011

LEGO men invasion

legohead

I was walking around the shop, trying to amuse myself while the better half was browsing for some new clothes and these individual packs of LEGO men things captured my interest.  They are random packs of assorted LEGO men.  So as it was a 20% off sale and they were down from the usual price of $5 to $3.90 or so, I thought for a laugh I would grab one. 

 

So I did.

 

Since they are a lucky dip style, in that the package on the outside is the same and you can’t see the toy inside, my first pick was naturally random and I opened it to see a (and be pleased with) a rather nifty Wolf-man!  Obviously based on the original movie named Wolfman, I was happy with this guy.

 

IMG_5351

  Rather impressed with the look of this guy.  Torn clothes revealing his chest, rips pants and what I really liked was one shirt arm missing!  He comes with a bone accessory for some reason, perhaps to lessen the terror and add some cute to it.

 

The hair is like other LEGO’s helmets which pop over his printed head.  They all seem to come with a little black flat piece for a stand.  I quite like this idea.

 

 

IMG_5347IMG_5348IMG_5350IMG_5351IMG_5352IMG_5354

On the back of the pack, the better half spotted a guy in a hazardous materials/radiation suit and she said she wanted that one.  With the deal being lucky dip, I thought it might be a bit hard to find.  I thought about it for a while..

 

 

The next day I was out and about with some friends, one of which was a LEGO fan and I was discussing my impressions of the Wolf-man.  We wandered into a shop and they had the lucky dips there and he started buying some as he was after an Elf.  I started feeling my way through some of the packages, as I thought that Rad man’s helmet would be large enough to recognise.  I felt one I thought would be right and bought it.

 

Over lunch we opened the packs to see what was what.

 

Lo and Behold!

 

IMG_5355

  My selection idea had been right.  Fondling packages to find the helmet worked!!  One Radiation Man!  He muct work at the Fukushima Power Plant.  Poor guy, hope everything there is ok and it doesn’t go on for much longer.

 

  He comes with a large helmet, scared face (love that, it’s great) and  a spray gun that plugs into his back.  The colours aren’t all that varied, but it looks pretty good using just the yellow and black. 

 

 

IMG_5359If you remove the helmet, helmet, you can see the printed belt, with crease lines where the bulky suit would be pulled in a bit!  Nice.  The gun plugs into the back of the helmet.

 

 

 

 

IMG_5356IMG_5357IMG_5358IMG_5360

 

Then my friend had a couple of spares, as he bought about 6 to find his Elf.  And there was a little Samurai, which I snapped up for a laugh!

 

IMG_5361

 

  Kind of excited about this guy, as he comes with an armour plate that slide over the normal Lego chest.  on his thoighs is a printed scale mail cover and the grey bit on his chest is his breast plate.  The face is well done, with a little moustache and pencil thin beard down the side.

 

  His helmet has different options as well.  there is a clip in the middle over the brow and on the sides are a couple of thin holes that could have something put in there as well.

 

IMG_5363IMG_5364

Quite impressed with the sculpting of the helmet.  The shoulder pads look pretty good as well.  Under the breats plate is a flower print on his body and it is printed to be a kimono style.  I think it might be around the wrong way though.  I will have to check on the wearing of a kimono, I have a feeling that it should be folded over from right to left, whereas his looks like its left to righ, the way a dead person is dressed. *need check*

 

IMG_5362IMG_5365IMG_5366IMG_5367IMG_5368

The sword is pretty good, with sculpted hilt.

 

 

Finally you can swap Lego bits about, creating some funny things.

IMG_5369

  Scared samurai.

IMG_5371

  Cursed Dog warrior.

 

  I plugged the bone into the helmet’s clip for added effect!

IMG_5374

 

  Experienced clean-up guy.  Or Gordon Freeman, you choose.

IMG_5375

 

  Looks like the suit didn’t work…

IMG_5376

  Dunno, homeless guy?  Tony Stark after a hard night out? 

 

  Post some ideas if you wish.

 

The clip options that Transformers have been coming with also allow for Lego hands!

 

IMG_5382IMG_5384

Autobot Alliance Tomahawk dropping off some reinforcements.

 

IMG_5388

 

  Looks like Rad man had heard about Atomic Lugnut.  Poor guy seems to get into a lot of trouble.

 

Lugnut on the hunt!

swooping

 

 

Lugnut has been commanded to wipe these puny humans from the earth!

 

 

IMG_5396IMG_5397

 

IMG_5398IMG_5399IMG_5400

Really digging what Lugnut can do with his hands!  Gordon Freeman to the rescue!

 

 

IMG_5401

Rad man is gonnna take him on!

 

 

 

 

Original shots I used for the GIF file.

 

IMG_5389IMG_5390IMG_5391IMG_5393IMG_5394

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments under moderation until I find around this spam thing.