Saturday 11 August 2012

Random walks to nowhere and The Birds!!

30 July.

Can’t remember what exactly happened on this day.  I think I was off to visit the local Book Off store in my desperate search for Sega Saturn Software.  I went to it, found nothing, decided I would go for a stroll.  Which ended up being a HECK of a lot longer than I initially envisioned.  But that’s fine, it was muggy inside the house and if you could find a bit of shade, was actually quite pleasant.  Which I managed to find.  As well as a ‘Royal Milk tea’ drink that I have to have.  It’s disgusting, much like can-coffee, but I always want some when I arrive in Japan and actually look forward to whingeing about how bad it tastes.


First up my walking pictures.  Unfortunately the street I chose to walk down was incredibly boring.  And long.    However on they way I did manage to find some things rather interesting.

IMG_5082IMG_5083
Spider webs, which lie flat on the bush!  WOW!  Crazy!  The plants around here were full of these things, it was quite an amazing sight for me.

I ended my walk at the tops of this hill and had to assess whether or not it was worthwhile walking all the way down the road to the possible shops.  I decided I’d rather go home as I had walked for a while and it would take the same time it took me to get here to get back again.

IMG_5080IMG_5081


Once home, I met with the better half and we trundled off the local chemist and 100 yen shop, which I love.  It was about dusk as we emerged from the 100yen shop and we were greeted with this somewhat creepy sight!

IMG_5084IMG_5085
Yup, birds.  hundreds, quite possibly thousands flying around and they all landed on the power lines, all the way up and down the street.  It was bizarre!

IMG_5086IMG_5087IMG_5088IMG_5089

I wasn’t the only person surprised by this either as others had gotten their cameras out too.  Check out how creepy it is!!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments under moderation until I find around this spam thing.