Saturday 26 November 2011

HOLY GRAIL GET!!! Knuckles Chaotix!!

OMG! I finally bagged one of these bad boys!  I have been eyeing these off for years now…  Not entirely sure how many, not as many as my fairly active search for Castlevania; Symphony of the Night for the Saturn (5 years for those playing at home), but definitely second.

 

Well, something tells me its not entirely finished.

IMG_0266

Oh Man! Look at that.  Seeeeeeexxxxyyyy!!  It’s the Japanese version of Knuckles Chaotix.   I notice the Japanese name of the game is just “Chaotix ~ Featuring Knuckles the Echidna.”

 

I think I may still want the English box as well, but it has lessened somewhat after finding this for a not incredibly ridiculous price.  Oddly this came from France of all places.  The problem with finding 32X games stems from their rarity as the 32X flopped fairly quickly, the boxes are completely cardboard and Chaotix appears to be the one everyone wants.

 

It plays similarly to Sonic the Hedgehog, but you have a partner tethered to you and you can uses the tether much like a bungee chord to fling your way through the levels.  It introduced the Chaotix characters, such as Mighty the Armadillo, Vector the Crocodile, Charmy the Bee, and my favourite, Espio the Chameleon.  Oh and Heavy and Bomb, who were robots made by Robotnik.  The game play was interesting, but the level design was bland and since it has a theme park ride er, theme, it gave you a random level selector thing.

 

Having played this on emulators, I will admit that it is not all that “Must play more-ish.”  Mainly die to the lack of bad guys in the levels and the fact that  due to the level design, you just kind of assume you need to go right, and once you can’t go right anymore, it must be up and right.  Very strange.  Hard to describe to be honest.  I suggest some video footage would be the way to go.

 

IMG_0267

The back of the box. Nice little map of the Island you’re on for the game.  In Chunky polygons too!

 

IMG_0268

Included are the stuff from original release.  The cart, holder (made from cardboard), instructions, anket (survey card) and a flier advertising other games.  Oh the memories!

 

Overall I am really impressed with this buy.  A good price and it means a heck of a lot to me to get one.  FINALLY! 

 

Not that I am likely to get my 32X running… assuming it would work…  But hey, I did just boot up my Saturn fro some Sega Rally earlier today, so you never know what might happen…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments under moderation until I find around this spam thing.