Sunday 17 July 2011

What a DAY!

Had a lazy day, went to a little toy selling fare that I rock up to every now and then.  Made some $$ caught up with some pals.  Surprisingly I didn’t spend a lot today! HUZZAH!

IMG_7159

 

At the fare, managed to get a little Red Hulk.  I have been eyeing this figure off for a while, but didn’t (and still don’t) want to pay the $18 the shops normally charge for it. No-one wanted it, so the seller dropped it to $5!  That’s more like it!   A G1 Getaway complete from a pal ‘o’ mine and after a few phone calls, The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (ltd. Ocarina Edition).  this was a pre-order special, but I don’t like the shop that sold it, so I didn’t preorder it, but it looks pretty cool and if you register your Aus Zelda with Ninty before the end of July, you can get a free CD soundtrack!

 

 

Went to a couple of shops and they didn’t have it, but one place did.  Hooray!  this is what you get!

 

IMG_7181IMG_7182

Front and Back of the box.

 

IMG_7183

Inside the box.  Game, cartridge (same ize as the DS ones!!), Tune guide and the Ocarina!!

 

 

 

IMG_7160

The Red Hulk.  I know nothing about him, but I do like the Hulk so woo! 

 

What do these three toys have in common?

 

1. They are Marvel characters.

2. They all have RRPs of about $18.  The Deadpool was from the Wolverine Origins movie line and Red is set in the same scale, so the cost will be the same.  Definitely $18.  The Green Hulk is part of the cool Marvel Legends line  by Toy Biz and the sad thing is, that line cost $15/17 about 5 years ago!  How ripped off is that?  That’s what happens with Hasbro in control now I guess.

 

 

 

 

RH is nicely sculpted, but his muscles get in the way of articulation.  Mini-review in the works.

 

 

Finally a beautiful, sexy G1 Getaway.  Man I have always wanted this guy, but never really bothered searching for it.  Thanks to a good pal of mine, I have one.  It has all his bits, but is a little yellowed from age.  Aside from that though he is in pretty sexy condition.  Glad to say it’s as fun as I thought it would be. 

 

 

He comes with Rev, his Powermaster who unlocks the car so it can transform into robot mode.   I like the character of Getaway and the robot mode was always cool I thought.  What I didn’t think was that the vehicle mode was as cool as it is.  It’s just a racing car, but it is remarkably fun!

 

IMG_7170IMG_7173IMG_7174IMG_7175IMG_7176

 

So not much in quantity, but definitely quality!!  I am a happy chappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments under moderation until I find around this spam thing.